Monday, November 18, 2013

Perfect day

Saturday was the perfect combination, I had no where I needed to be and the weather was great. I went to the river to walk and got 21 miles in! Woo hoo. I had my IPOD so I was able to listen to some great music the whole way and just loose myself in the walk. It felt wonderful, even though I was sore that night. Training must be making a difference though, because before when I did 20 miles I would be stiff the whole next day too, but I wasn't this time.

I have had many people question how I can leave the security of a state job and steady paycheck to do this. My one answer is that my security does not come from a job or a paycheck, it comes from relying on God! Which is kind of a new revelation for me. I have always known this before, but now I think I finally know that I know it. (if that makes sense)

I have such a combination of excitement and fear over this walk. I think it is moving more towards excitement (at least for this week, next week might bring a whole different story).

No comments:

Post a Comment