Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Hopes

I was sitting back yesterday and really thinking about what I hope for in doing this walk. First off, I hope to get great support for Northtown Pregnancy Center and Olmsted Center for Sight, and I hope to make people aware that these services are available for them. Not only here in WNY but all over the country.

Personally, I think one word describes all I hope for...discovery. I want to really discover myself. I want to find out how much I can push myself. I want to find out the person I really truly am deep down, past the walls I have built, past masks I put on, past my roles of mother, daughter, employee, the person who goes to church each week. I want to really dig deep and not be afraid to face what I find.

I want to discover my Lord, my God. I want a one to one personal relationship with Him. I want to know His voice, I want to walk where He has me walk. I don't want religion, I want relationship. I want to be able to see myself as He sees me. That means facing the lies that say I am not good enough, along with facing the lies that say I have it all together, because I am neither of these things. I want to totally open my heart to the Lord. I want my heart to ache, to long, to bleed for Him.

I want to discover God's creation. I want to see sights and colors, hear sounds and smell scents, experience things like I never have before. I want to dance on the beach, in fields of wildflowers, in the tall grasses, on the mountain tops.

Most of all, I want others to discover these things through my writing and the many pictures I am sure I will be posting along the way. I want my prayers and footsteps to be purposeful. I want to inspire others to do something amazing, no matter what it happens to be for them. In short, I guess, I want my footsteps to count!

No comments:

Post a Comment