Thursday, August 29, 2013

The why's - sort of

At church every year we do a carnival type thing (Celebration Fest)for the people in the Sheridan Parkside Community. It is all free, food, backpacks with school supplies, haircuts, games, basket raffles. I felt a need to walk the nieghborhood and pray once a week for 4 weeks leading up to the Celebration Fest. While doing this, I really got a sense of the importance of actually walking while praying and symbolically taking back the land.


So sitting here one day, the thought came to me...I should walk coast to coast. I prayed about it and read up everything I could find online about doing this. Two weeks ago at church, I was sitting at the alter during worship wondering what this was all about. I felt like God was just lining up everything for me step by step. I saw building blocks being set before me one by one, all in a line. When this idea came to me at first, I had thought about what charity I would support by doing this (felt like I had to be doing this for somebody other than myself). I had come up with several good charities, but nothing felt like the perfect match in my spirit. Well worship ended, I went back to my seat and Pastor Dan called two women up to speak. They were starting a clinic to "Empower people to make informed decisions about their pregnancy" called Northtown Pregnancy Center. This felt like the perfect fit for me, this is who I wanted to donate to (maybe also the blind center too). It was like one more building block being placed in line. I will let you know more about the Northtown Pregnancy Center once we have a chance to really sit down and talk.

I meet with my pastor next Thursday to discuss all of this, including who I will be supporting. Like I said before, I really do feel I need his guidance in this and the support of both him and my church. So maybe next week on Friday, I can start comming up with solid plans and you can all join me here on my jouney...

Read on FB today and want this to become my anthem. (there was no author cited, so not sure who it is by)... Life is a journey with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all experiences to enjoy!

PS... I just figured out paragraphs!! I still don't know how to do spell check on here though, so sorry for any errors. If anyone knows how, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment