Friday, March 7, 2014

It is almost here! and Sponsorship info

It is almost time to walk! I am planning to leave for Boston in 12 days, on March 19th. It's hard to believe that time has gone by so fast. Everytime I have been unsure if I am really supposed to be doing this, God confirms it, whether it be a donation from someone totally unexpected or a great sponsor. The Good Feet store has donated some amazing arch supports and sneakers to me. My feet feel so wonderful in these, that maybe I'll walk 30 miles a day! I'm only half serious there. I will start out slow and careful. I don't want my walk to end before it starts. Please see my "sponsorship" tab for a link to The Good Feet store and stop in and see them. I was at the store on 1625 Walden Ave in Cheektowaga. It's right near Galaria Mall, easy to find. Justin was so very helpful! It was a really great experience.

I am now working on getting some of the larger chain restaurants to donate gift cards. I have asked a few and will continue to ask more.

I met with Maura from Olmsted Center for Sight and she just had so much helpful information for me. It was a really productive meeting. I have a meeting scheduled with LouAnne and Colleen from Northtown Pregnancy center Thursday. I am really looking forward to seeing them again.

I have another way to donate if you would like. I have set up a sight on Crowdrise.com. Just search for "Our footsteps count". There are three different fundraisers there. One for each of the charities and one for my expenses.

I have a few prayer requests please:

Sponsorship, please let there be favorable decisions for the requests I have sent out for sponsorship and let their yes's actually be yes. I have had a few who said they would sponsor me and then when it came down to it backed out. I just wish they would have said no from the beginning instead of me thinking things were in order and then having to try all over again.

My health - my surgery went really well and I am recovering really well. Now with the new arch supports and sneakers hopefully foot pain/body aches will not be a problem, so just please pray for continued good health. Also Noelle had her yearly MRI and the tumor they saw last year is actually shrinking!!!!

That I stay humble and always realize that I cannot do any of this without God's hand being in it.

Thank you all for all of your prayers, encouragement and support. It has meant everything to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment